The Jats: Vol. 2
Their Role and Contribution to the Socio-Economic Life and Polity of North and North West India
xxxvi, 471pp., Demy 8vo.
PB ISBN (10) :
PB ISBN (13) :
HB ISBN (10) :
HB ISBN (13) :
|(PB) List Price US$ :
(PB) We Sell At US$ :
(HB) List Price US$ :
(HB) We Sell At US$ :
About the Book:
The present Vol. II is the outcome of two National Seminars on the topic - The Jats: Their Role and Contribution to the Socio-economic Life and Polity of North & North-West India, which includes forty-six research papers presented in these seminars organised by The Centre for Research and Publication of Suraj Mal Memorial Education Society, New Delhi.
The scholars have assembled some of the rarest evidence available in Indian and international sources and telescoped into a knowledgeable and inspiringly readable historical analysis.
This volume is a step forward in the direction of more illumination of various facets of the role and contribution of the Jats as the papers have been presented on inter-disciplinary aspects by the learned scholars. The area covered by the papers is far-wider as it encompasses not only North and North-Western India but also Persia and other Arabian territories.
Thus, this volume presents the role and contribution of the Jats from 2nd to 20th century in chronological order of the events.
Salient Features of this volume:
1. Geographical spread of Jat settlements and migrations within and outside India in early medieval period.
2. Aspects of social, economic, political and cultural life of the Jat community, including agriculture and military.
3. Social and political awakening and Jat peasant movements in modern period.
About the Author:
Dr. Vir Singh after superannuation from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi, in 2000, is presently an Honorary Director of Research and Publication Centre, Surajmal Memorial Education Society, New Delhi.
Dr. Vir Singh used his intensive study of the primary sources on the Jats to update three prominent works on the Jat History:
1. Hindustan Mein Jat Satta", Wendel?s Memoirs on Jats in Hindi (2001)
2. istory of the Jats, Prof. K R Qanungo (2003)
3. he Jats: Their role in the Mughal Empire, Dr. G C Dwivedi (2003)
is edited works are:
4. anga Sagar, verses of Gangadas (1998)
5. eminiscences of a Revolutionary - Raja Mahendra Pratap (1999)
6. at Aur Mughal Samrajya, Dr. G C Dwivedi (2002)
7. aharaja Jawahar Singh Aur Unke Uttaradhikari, U N Sharma (2003)
8. he Jats: Their Role and Contribution to the Socio-economic Life and Polity of North and North-West India (2003)
9. y Life Story-Raja Mahendra Pratap (2004)
10. he Life and Times of Raja Mahendra Pratap (2005)
11. aton Ka Itihas, Prof. K R Qanungo (2006)
rganized series of National Seminars:
1. ife and History of Jats (1995)
2. he Life and Times of Raja Mahendra Pratap (1998)
3. istory and Life of Jat Community (2001)
4. he Jats: Their Role and Contribution to the Socio-economic Life and Polity of North and North-West India (2004)
5. he Jats: Their Role and Contribution to the Socio-economic Life and Polity of North and North-West India (2005)