Dr. Vir Singh, a dedicated teacher, after superannuation from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University in 2000, is presently an Honorary Director of the Research and Publication Centre, Surajmal Memorial Education Society, New Delhi. He has been actively engaged in the administrative, educational and research activities of the Society since 1976 as Joint Secretary of the Executive Committee (9 years) and Secretary Academic Committee since 1985 till date.
His reasearch work ?Kamayani Ki Katha: Gaveshnatmak Anusheelan? was published in 1975. While explaining different aspects of history, geography, sociology, psychology, philosophy and allegory of this ancient narrative of deluge and development of mankind thereafter, he learnt inter-disciplinary approach which he utilised while establishing the aforesaid Research Centre. He has used his intensive study of the Jats for the Centre?s research work in optimum way.
He updated three prominent works on Jat History:
1. Wendel?s Memoires on Jats in Hindi ?Hindustan Mein Jat Satta?
2. History of the Jats, Prof. K R Qanungo
3. The Jats: Their Role in the Mughal Empire, Dr. G C Dwivedi
His edited works are:
1. Ganga Sagar, verses of Sant Gangadas
2. Reminiscences of a Revolutionary-Raja Mahendra Pratap
3. Jat Aur Mughal Samaarajya (in Hindi), Dr. G C Dwivedi
4. Maharaja Jawahar Singh Aur Uttaraadhikari (in Hindi), Upendra Nath Sharma
A series of three National Seminars are to his credit also on:
The Jats:Their Role and Contribution to the Socio-Economic Life and Polity of North and North-West India
The present volume is the outcome of these seminars.